Congestion is already here and will get worse, especially after Covid-19. There is no space to increase road capacity for motor vehicles, which are an extremely inefficient use of space anyway. The only way to deal with the problem is to enable people to switch to more efficient travel modes for those journeys where it is practical. A 3.5 metre wide lane can carry up to seven times as many people on cycles as it can people in cars.
- Myth: “Essential motor vehicles” August 17, 2021
- How to lie with statistics. August 8, 2021
- Myth: “But I have to park on the pavement.” July 29, 2021
- Myth: “Unsightly, invisible wand orcas” July 18, 2021
- A staggering level of ignorance from a councillor. July 3, 2021
- Myth: “The data show this road is not dangerous…” April 16, 2021