Using cycling and walking KSI data (data about how many people have been killed or injured whilst cycling or walking) to define which are “dangerous roads” is fallacious. The most dangerous roads tend to be avoided by people on cycles and on foot precisely because they are dangerous and feel dangerous. Those roads will have very low KSI figures for those modes, but that doesn’t mean they are safe; just that people have been forced off them.
- More poor quality consultations from Bolton Council May 21, 2022
- Darlington Roundabouts January 16, 2022
- Myth: “Essential motor vehicles” August 17, 2021
- How to lie with statistics. August 8, 2021
- Myth: “But I have to park on the pavement.” July 29, 2021
- Myth: “Unsightly, invisible wand orcas” July 18, 2021